Reports to: Chief Operations Officer Department: Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt Revision Date: August 2021
To provide leadership and support for the Branch in a way that incorporates sound business management practices; assures adherence to Corporate Policies; provides accountability for assets, budgets, profitability, team, and safe work practices; supports sales efforts, and achieves the highest level of customer services possible. Must believe in and promote company goals and values.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of company assets and ensure that all assets are in good working order and are capable of making the minimum return set forth by the company.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process.
- Implement and support company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities with team in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Constantly monitor customer service practices with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership in the development of procedures and processes that continuously improve the overall performance of the Branch and the company.
- Develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and team.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of labor, systems, products and materials and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Review production costs and product quality – modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of branch.
- Track low utilization or high maintenance equipment not making appropriate returns and discuss solutions with District Manager. Example disposes of such units.
- Verify that all equipment repairs by the branch are done in accordance with OSHA, ANSI and manufacturer specifications.
- P&L responsibilities for Branch. Compile a yearly budget that accurately reflects the customers spending with the associated cost for management. Responsible for ensuring that branch is meeting or exceeding the established budget.
- Establish and maintain open communications with branch team members.
- Work with safety team to organize and direct safety meetings and training sessions.
- Track customers by volume of business and margin of return and identify and investigate any irregularities.
- Develop cost effective relationships with reputable suppliers and ensures that they will provide quality products. Continuously review these relationships to ensure they remain cost effective and of high quality.
- Some travel and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Basic computer skills using Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Education and Experience
BS Degree or equivalent; or three to five years Management/Supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit at a computer, read computer screen, and input information for long periods of time. Sharing office space is a possibility. Some light travel could be required. Must be able to move about office as needed. Must be able to lift up to 5 pounds.