Reports to: General Manager
- Responsible for operation of crane used in heavy lifting and transport
- Assist team leader and signal persons
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers
- Shows commitment to safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Responsible for slings, cables, straps, and the crane prior to lifting operations
- Perform preventative maintenance as required to ensure safe and continual service of crane
- Supervise oiling of the crane
- Responsible for own and rigger’s compliance with company policy, safety guidelines and procedures
that pertain to the crane operator’s job
- Remains in continual voice (radio), hand, and or communication with rigger while operating the crane
- Responsible for creating an environment fostering open communications concerning safety issues
- Participates in safety meetings and other rigger safety programs
- Assures that all lifts are within load limits of equipment and correctly rigged
- Assures that lifting gear is inspected prior to use
- Follows correct lock-out and tag procedures
- Operates crane equipment to hoist materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs tasks assigned by rigger during lifting procedures
- Extensive travel may be required
- Min 1 year experience as crane operator, AT, RT, and/or crawler
- Completion of High School or secondary education is preferred
- Must have Class A CDL
- NCCO certification required
- All Terrain experience preferred
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers, suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, stoop, climb, and move about equipment. Some heavy physical effort required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lb. Will regularly be exposed to noise, heat, dust, and fumes around repair facility. Extreme weather conditions possible, at times. Must be able to drive a vehicle for local travel.