Reports to: General Manager
- Aligns, levels, and anchors cranes and equipment
- Assembles and installs supporting structures, rigging, hoist and pulling gear
- Connects pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures with bolts, shackles, and clamps
- Cleans and dresses machine and surfaces of component parts
- Controls movements of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces
- Dismantles, maintains and stores rigging equipment
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoist to move or support materials, steel and concrete
- Selects gears, cables, and shackles according to load size, facilities and work schedule
- Signals or gives direction to workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and materials
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability before engaging in hoisting and lifting
- May be necessary to climb to high heights with safety harness
- Responsible for selecting rigging gear based on weight and distribution of load, availability of hoisting machinery, and the presence of obstacles which might interfere with maneuverability of incorrectly rigged hoisting gear.
- May signal workers operating cranes or other equipment to move loads.
- Individuals will also be required to inspect their own rigging gear according to safety rules and OSHA standards. Will perform additional related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, some of which may become essential to the position.
- NCCER certification required, state drivers license required, Class A CDL preferred
- Must have excellent mechanical reasoning
- Minimum 1 year prior experience rigging cranes or similar equipment
- Good perception of math applications, weights, measurement, and balance
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers, suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, stoop, climb, and move about shop and equipment. Heavy physical effort required. Must be able to lift up to 75 lb. Will regularly be exposed to noise, heat, dust, and fumes around job sites and yard. Extreme weather conditions possible, at times. Must be able to drive a vehicle for local travel.