Come join our growing organization in Houston, TX
Allegiance Crane & Equipment is becoming a top employer in the crane industry! We are looking for full-time hard-working team members, to become part of our team.
We offer a strong work environment & team culture! Our team members enjoy a very competitive benefits package including top-rate pay, medical, dental, vision, 401K w/company match, vacation, and more!
- Properly secures equipment to the trailer for preparation for hauling.
- Safely drive tractor-trailer to transport cranes and equipment to job sites.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of truck as required.
- Assist the crane operator in the proper set-up of the equipment.
- Assist the crane operator in the maintenance of the crane and accessory equipment. (i.e. pickup trucks, haul trucks, trailers, etc.)
- Reports mechanical defects in writing on the truck and/or trailers to the shop technician or a supervisor.
- Monitors inventory of the chains, boomer, and straps assigned to the truck and reports to the supervisor of missing equipment. Inspects, cleans, and performs maintenance on chains, boomer, and straps.
- Monitors the annual State inspection and State license plates and reports to the supervisor one month in advance before the expiration date.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Valid Class A CDL required.
- Min 2 years’ experience driving commercial vehicle required.
- Crane experience preferred.
- Must be able to meet various customer-required, site-specific safety requirements. i.e. safety council courses, on-site safety courses, etc.
- Professional communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training
Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, stoop, twist, crawl, climb, squat, kneel and move about equipment at varying heights. Some heavy physical effort required. Must be able to lift up to 75 lb. Will regularly be exposed to noise, heat, dust, and fumes around repair facility and/or job sites. Extreme weather conditions possible, at times. Must be able to drive a commercial vehicle for extended periods of time. Must maintain DOT medical certification at all times.